11–13 minutes to read
Today every business wants to get digitally recognized. A handful of them gets results that they ever expected. Other’s try to figure out, what went wrong? In this blog, you are going to learn about 5 proven digital marketing techniques, that will instantly boost your conversion process for greater ROI.
– Follow me & let me know something more you would like to know about.
Do you think digital marketing techniques as something deadly?
If Yes, then you’re not alone to think this. A majority of entrepreneurs & businesses think the same.
You often come across 100’s of blog posts with catchy titles and headlines. They provide with nothing great. When I started my digital marketing career, about 2 years back, I read many blogs to learn & understand what is digital marketing all about? At the end of the day, there were only 2-3 blogs, that could really explain what I wanted. So finally here, I am going to share all the digital marketing techniques, any business or entrepreneurs should know.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is a broad term that compromises of many different technologies like search engine optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media Marketing (SMM), E-mail Marketing, Social Media Optimization (SMO), Display or any form of paid advertising on the internet. It also includes any form of advertisements on mobile devices & not – Internet channels like SMS & MMS.
Digital Marketing is expensive & doesn’t offer good results
There are innumerable entrepreneurs, CEO’s, Managers whom I met for their digital marketing projects, almost all of them repeated the same lines “Digital Marketing is expensive & we didn’t get good results”. It’s not their fault, it due to lack of understanding of the basic principles of digital marketing.
Today, I am going to share some important tips about Digital Marketing techniques, every business must follow.
- Planning – Most of the business come with an aim, a vision of achieving something great in future, but at the end, they are nowhere in the market. This is not because of their ability or wrong digital marketing efforts; it’s all due to an undefined goal. Always set a clear goal before starting. In the digital world, there are infinite strategies that might work due to which it is also to get lost in the digital marketing world. If you have a goal set in your mind then you can easily figure out any strategy that might work for your business. Always remember, do not copy what other businesses are doing, although you might refer to their strategies but go with the one that best supports your goals.
- Measuring your ROI – People claim that getting returns over the amount invested in any form of digital marketing is low. Did you ever calculate the amount invested in other traditional marketing efforts? If yes, then I would surely say, you are one of your kind. As no traditional offers to calculate any kind of ROI. It’s only digital marketing, where you can easily understand about the returns and channels that are working for your business. You always expect more that what actually you should be expecting. If you have invested about 2 lakhs for your digital marketing plan, then it’s alright if you expect a bit more than the amount you’re invested. Many people do this mistake, they expect for higher ROI at the initial stage. No, my friend, that’s not the way it has to be. Always increase the revenue by a certain percentage or figure at the initial stage.
- Converting visitors to customers – This is a critical step. You might go for several online marketing techniques like Facebook advertising, LinkedIn advertisements, Google Ad-words, Email marketing and much more. Spending enormous on your marketing activities won’t alone help you. I could list a countless people who actually waste their resources & time doing so. I never say never go for paid marketing, I would say, go for paid marketing on if you are ready.
Now, what does this mean?
This means there are many other ways to acquire more traffic on your website. Your ultimate aim is not generating traffic but conversion. Isn’t it? I would suggest you start with search engine optimization, social media marketing, create lead pages, lead magnets; offer your visitors something that they would love to get from you. Get them into conversations; there is always a simple technique for converting visitors, educate them first about the services you are offering them, then make them interested and after that let them take their decision. Don’t just sell, differentiate yourself from other marketers. “Be unique, Be Genuine”.
e.g. If you are selling any kind of cosmetic products, The best thing to do here provides information & educate. Write blogs about, ‘Tips before buying XYZ cosmetic product’, 10 Reasons why you should buy a particular cosmetic brand’. Create unique content; you can also create videos about certain products.
This is how you create your image; build trust & relationship with your visitors who are soon going to become your clients after following these simple tips.
4. Maintain customer loyalty & service – Is there something as customer loyalty in online business? Yes, customer loyalty and service plays an important role in digital businesses too. A fact that I would like to share with you is, a majority of the digital marketing agencies fail to maintain customer loyalty & services. People often search for established digital marketing services for their digital marketing projects. Trust me, this is the biggest mistake one can ever do. With my personal experience, I was a part of a famed digital marketing agency in Mumbai, where my job was to perform all the search engine optimization and PPC campaigns. Within a few months, I quitted that job. Do you know why? It was because the agency manipulated the results. They never presented the original reports to their clients. All the reports were altered and then send to their clients. This means the clients never understood, about his brand or services in the market. The budget that was allocated for any digital marketing activity was never completely used by this company. They only used half of the actual amount allocated. This is where customer loyalty and services come into question. Isn’t it?
This is only one example of what I can share with you now. There are many such cases that I came across. In my later blogs, I will be writing about how you can save yourself from such companies, agencies that fool you & waste your marketing resources.
5. Using the right media – Social Media, oh, there are so many options to choose from. (Facebook), (Twitter), (LinkedIn), (YouTube), (Vine) (Google Plus) and what not. Do you know, the most common mistake that you perform in your digital marketing efforts? Think about it! Still Thinking… All right, let me tell you then. You are using the wrong social media to connect with your audience. Every social media platform has its uniqueness. If you publish wrong content on wrong platforms, definitely you won’t get any leads and conversions. It’s waste of your time & efforts.
Trying these simple digital marketing techniques with not only make your digital marketing campaign effective but also help you to achieve the results that you ever expected. Online marketing is not that difficult. I will help you out with more information and techniques for your digital marketing campaigns with my upcoming blogs. Subscribe to get early access and reminders to my upcoming lessons on digital marketing.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.